What Do We Believe?
We believe in Jesus and are committed to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
What is the Gospel?
The gospel is the Good News that was brought to us through Jesus.
We live in a broken world filled with pain, death and destruction which was a direct result of the Fall when Adam and Eve rebelled against God. There in the garden everything was good. There was harmony between all living things and between us and God. But Adam and Eve's rebellion separated them from God and through their sin, pain, death and destruction entered into this world.
We have no substantial hope in this darkness, but God in his love for us invaded the darkness by sending his own son into this space. Jesus, the God-man came to Earth to restore the brokenness, to conquer sin and death and give hope to his people.
Jesus lived the perfect life that we cannot and in great love, died the death that we deserve (full separation from God-the penalty for your rebellion), and rose from the grave overcoming the darkness. Now we have new life in Him, hope in the darkness.
As Christians we lay down our rebellious heart accepting the free gift of forgiveness, love and mercy knowing that we do not deserve it but we have been blessed with it. We are now marked by this Good News, the hope of new life and freedom in Christ.
What Are Our Basic Beliefs?
- the Scriptures are true, authoritative and sufficient.
- there is only one true God, Creator of heaven and earth, who eternally exists in three distinct persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- all things exist for the glory of God.
- all humanity—Christ excluded—is sinful by both birth and action.
- the deserved penalty for sin is physical and spiritual death.
- Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, was born of a virgin and is both fully God and fully human.
- Jesus Christ died as the sacrificial substitute to pay the penalty for sin.
- Jesus Christ physically rose from the dead, ascended into heaven and will one day physically return.
- there will be a future physical resurrection of the dead. Only those who turn from sin and to Jesus in faith and repentance will be raised to eternal reward. Those who do not turn from sin and to Jesus will be raised to eternal punishment.
- only through faith in the person and work of Jesus Christ and repentance from sin can one be reconciled to God and experience true life and joy.